Call for Papers & Reviewers (Malaysian Journal of Media Studies)
Call for Papers & Call for Reviewers
Jurnal Pengajian Media Malaysia (JPMM)
Malaysian Journal of Media Studies (MMJS)
The Malaysian Journal of Media Studies (MJMS) is an open access academic journal with an interdisciplinary focus on media and communication. The journal provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences among the media educators, researchers, practitioners, and students. It seeks to present research findings, bibliographic essays, analysis of issues, and articles in communication, publishing, journalism, advertising, public relations, broadcasting, film, and other specializations within the broad areas of media studies.
The Malaysian Journal of Media Studies / Jurnal Pengajian Media Malaysia is now calling for reviewers and paper contributors for Volume 16, 2014. Please see below for details.
Call for Reviewers
Published researchers interested in serving on the journal’s Review Panel are invited to submit a short form detailing your research interests and ability to review. Please click here for the form: Reviewer Details Form
Call for Papers
The Malaysian Journal of Media Studies is now accepting submissions for Volume 16 Issue 1, to be published in June 2014. The journal invites research articles, theoretical papers, as well as book reviews touching upon any aspect of media and communication. Please the Submission Guidelines below for further details.
The editors welcome research papers, essays and reviews either in Malay or English. The journal will only consider manuscripts not previously published or currently under consideration by another journal. By submitting a manuscript, the authors agree that the copyright of the article is transferred to the publisher when it is accepted for publication.
Preparation of Papers
- Full-length article submissions should be roughly 4,000-5,000 words
- Articles may be in English or Bahasa Melayu (Malay)
- All articles should be accompanied by an abstract of about 300 words and five keywords in English. Articles in Malay should include English versions of the Malay abstract, keywords and full title.
- This journal follows the Chicago Manual of Style (University of Chicago Press).
- References should follow the Author-Date System and authors are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of references and citations.
- Full papers should be sent in Microsoft Word
- Only one (1) paper per Word file is allowed
- Paper filenames should follow the following conventions:
- (Author’s Name)_(1-3 keywords)
- ang_tv3 documentaries
- adam_digital political divide
- rose_PR company ethics
- The deadline for submitting papers is 1st March 2014
- Please email your paper to firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles and enquires can be sent by e-mail to email@example.com
- Deadline for submission of full papers for Volume 15 Issue 1 : 1st March 2014